At Appalachian State University, Jim majored in Insurance and earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. Upon graduation, he joined Travelers Insurance Company and worked in their Commercial Lines department. He began with the predecessor of Martin & Harrill Agency (Mayer, Patterson, and Martin) in Charlotte in 1979 and is now an active partner of Main Street Insurance Group. Jim holds the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation. Active in the North Carolina insurance industry, he served as Director of the Independent Insurance Agents of NC, Past President of the Independent Agents of Charlotte, Past President of the Brantley Risk and Insurance Board of Advisors at ASU and currently is a member of the Insurance Advisory Committee to the NC Department of Insurance. He is a Past President of the Charlotte Kiwanis Club and a member at Sharon Presbyterian Church.
The Latest Articles
- How to Spot Squirrels in Your Attic May 18, 2019
- How to Help Your Home Recover from Winter April 18, 2019
- 9 Life Changes to Tell Your Insurance Agent About March 18, 2019
- A Dozen Easy Ways to Keep Cold Air from Entering Your House February 12, 2019
- Main Street Financial ‘Tis the Season to Prevent Fires December 28, 2018